Roj Bash - Good Day



Mem u Zin by Ehmedi Xani, it wasn't only a book, but rather it was a revolution by all means over all aspects of life at that time. Now after all these years, after Kurd gained something, we need another Mem u Zin by another Ehmedi Xani, i.e., we need another revolution.

By this we start our blog.





Saturday, September 20, 2008

Again Cholera


Sorry for not having any post lately, in fact I was so busy in a way couldn't find time to blog, but no need to worry, here I am, let's start again.

This month I am working outside Hawler city, during our 2 years of rotation we have to spend 3 months outside the city, this was my first month, I was working in Hareer, which is a small town belonging to Erbil Province.

During my work here, I've received many official papers from both the Ministry of Health and from the Directorate of Health in Hawler, notifying us about the Cholera Outbreak in the South Cities of Iraq, and to take all necessary measures to prevent it's occurance or to combat it.

This is not the first time, last year there were another outbreak in this country, but that time was in the north region, and in Kurdistan.

According to the Al-Jazeera English official website, a state of emergency has been declared in Iraq's Babil Province after six people died from cholera.

It's worth to mention majority of Iraqi people don't have pure water, and the route of spreading this disease is feco-oral.

To read more on BBC, click here, and on Al-Jazeera English, click here.

I think that's all for now.

2 comments:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

Unknown said...

Hello...

Thanks a lot for your nice post.

Take care...

Regards
Harman